This "parfait" has 4 layers and is a delicious dessert. It is also a great snack. This is because the flavor is not so fruity and fresh, in reality it's sweet and delicious. But if you want it to be a breakfast, it can be too.
This time we bring a slightly more complicated recipe. It's no big deal, it's just not the usual ease of adding 2 or 3 ingredients in the processor, adding granola and fruit and that's it.
We have ingredients that need to be soaked, so it is not a recipe to be consumed on the spot. The greatest thing is that all the layers can be store in the refrigerator for other uses.
The first layer is a cashew cream. This cream is a great base for fruit smoothies, cold pies or for a quick snack with granola. Here at home we love it very cold, only with lime zest and blueberries. It can be kept in the fridge for 1 week and can be used according to our imagination.
The second layer is a creamy sugar-free chocolate, sweetened with date. It can be stored in a glass jar and be eaten by the spoon or be a delicious topping for crepes, pancakes, ice cream, fruit bowls, soothies with granola, or whatever you want. Chocolate is chocolate, goes well with everything.
The third layer is the famous chia pudding, the super versatile base that we love to have in the fridge, in pots to serve ourselves. We add yogurt or fruit purees (fruit crushed in the processor), mix well, add granola and fruit and have a wonderful snack or breakfast in 2 minutes.
The last layer is our Volupia granola - with cocoa and ginger, super crunchy, aromatic and delicious.
Well, but let's go to the recipe:
- 1 cup of cashews soaked ideally during the night. They can be soaked for half an hour in boiling water, but I think it doesn´t get so creamy. It also depends on the power of your processor.
- 1 cup of cold coconut milk (can)
- 2 tablespoons of agave
- 1 tablespoon of lemon juice
Beat everything in a processor until you get a very creamy texture. Store in the refrigerator, because it must be consumed very cold.
- 1 cup of pitted dates. Ideally use medjol dates, they are always better.
- 1 cup of dairy-free drink - you can use whichever you like best. In this specific recipe I like coconut drink, but I often make this chocolate, which kids love and so do we, with hazelnut or oat drink. The logic is to use what we have at home.
- 3 tablespoons of raw cocoa powder
- 1 dessertspoon of coconut oil
Place the dates, vegetable drink, cocoa an coconut oil in a saucepan over low heat and stir regularly. Let it simmer, always on a low heat and continue to stir, to help the dates to come apart. Gradually the mixture thickens, becoming a thick cream. When you notice that the dates are already very undone, remove the pan from the heat and grind with a magic wand, until you get a uniform texture, that is, without solid bits of dates. If it is very solid add a little more dairy-free drink.
- 3 tablespoons of chia seeds
- 1 cup (250ml) of coconut vegetable drink. Here the logic is the same, you can use the drink you want, but in this specific recipe, the coconut goes very well.
Place the seeds in a jar, cover with the drink and stir for a few minutes. Then keep it in the refrigerator, ideally overnight, or at least two or three hours.
Assemble the layers
This parfait is always better in a jar, bowl or glass jar, so that the layers can be well seen. You can leave it in the fridge, but don't forget to put the granola just before going to the table, to make sure it is eaten very crunchy.
We hope you enjoy it!
If you want to share your parfait with us, we would love to hear your opinion or listen to your suggestions.